If there’s one thing we’re craving in lockdown, it’s a big ol’ juicy burger from Byron. The patty, the bun, the sauce, the toppings – they’re the bee’s knees of burgers.
We’ve designed our very own Byron burger recipe, so you can make your own from home. And good news, you don’t have to be a whizz in the kitchen to get it right. So, get your ingredients, get flipping and dig in.
Oh, and that burger sauce recipe’s included too.
The best beef burger recipe.
Serves: 4 people / Prep time: 20 minutes / Cooking time: 15 minutes
What you’ll need.
Beef patty ingredients.
- 500g high-quality beef mince
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Red onion
- American style cheese slices
- Sliced gherkins
- Green chillies
- 4 burger buns
Burger sauce ingredients.
- 130g mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp finely chopped gherkins
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp American mustard
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- Pinch of white pepper
- Pinch of salt
How to make your beef patty.
1. Pop your beef mince, diced onion and egg into a bowl and mix. When mixed evenly, divide your mixture into four.
2. Lightly wet your hands and gently roll your mixture into four balls the size of a tennis ball. Then, flatten each ball between your hands and into a patty about 3cm thick.
3. Leave them in the fridge, covered, to firm up for around 30 mins.
4. Once firmed up, brush one side of each patty with vegetable oil and pop them oil-side down onto your frying pan on a medium-hot heat.
5. Wait until the meat touching the pan has started to char and then, oil the other side, flip it over and cook. We suggest 5 minutes for rare, 6 minutes for medium and 7 minutes for well done.
6. Once cooked to your liking, pop your burgers on a plate and leave to rest to let the juices settle.
Top tastecard tip: Add a slice of American cheese to your burger 30 seconds before you take it off the heat for a gooey cheeseburger.
How to make your burger sauce.
This bit’s easy. Simply pop your ingredients in a bowl, mix them up and flavour to your liking.