With our favourite restaurants closed for now, we’re really missing a good dessert. For this instalment of our Dish List series, we’re taking inspiration from Bella Italia and recreating their Vegan Cookie Dough Al Forno dessert.
Gooey, warm and with a good old helping of melted chocolate, it might well be our favourite sweet dish ever – bold statement from a bunch of foodies. And we’ve got the perfect vegan cookie dough skillet recipe for you to try from home.
Vegan cookie dough recipe.
Serves: 8 people / Prep time: 10 minutes / Cooking time: 15 – 20 minutes
What you’ll need.
- 65g vegan butter
- 195g of all-purpose flour
- 130g brown sugar (packed)
- 85g of vegan chocolate chunks
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 – 12 inch cast iron skillet or cake tin
1. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
2. Combine your all-purpose flour, cornflour, baking soda and salt in a bowl, ready to add to your wet mixture.
3. Melt your vegan butter over the hob and once fully melted, remove from the heat and add in your brown sugar. Then pop in your vanilla and non-dairy milk and mix until combined.
4. Stir in your already combined flour, cornflour, baking soda and salt until evenly mixed. Then, add your vegan chocolate chips.
5. Grease your 9-12 inch cast-iron skillet or cake tin with a bit of vegan butter and pop your mixture in. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges of your cookie are golden brown, so the middle’s crisp on top but gooey inside.
Top tip: Serve straight away with a non-dairy ice cream flavour of your choice. Gooey chocolate and melted ice-cream – delish.